Master of Teaching (Secondary Education)
Prepare for a rewarding career as a secondary school teacher with the practical experience offered through a Master of Teaching (Secondary Education) at Victoria University.
You will gain significant workplace experience to prepare you for the real world of teaching. Through our extensive partnerships, you will undertake supervised teaching placements and have access to many professional-experience opportunities.
Our classes are smaller than many other universities', allowing our tutors to tailor the learning experience to our students. As education experts, we understand how students learn best. You won't be asked to sit in large lectures and take regular tests. Instead, you'll learn in practical workshops, with applicable tasks that prepare you to be an excellent teacher, such as creating lesson plans and presenting relevant research findings.
We offer a range of disciplines, so you can become a teacher in the area you love. Choose from dozens of options, including:
- design & technology (wood, metal and plastics, textiles, food, robotics)
- outdoor education
Footscray Nicholson Campus is a few minutes' walk from the Footscray train station. This relaxed and friendly campus has an emphasis on TAFE courses, run through VU Polytechnic. It's easy to find your way around – there is a brand new learning commons with a library and study spaces. We also have childcare facilities and a recreation centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the Master of Teaching (Secondary Education) who have passed the National Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education are eligible for registration as secondary teachers with the Victoria Institute of Teaching (VIT)(external link).
You'll be ready to work as a secondary teacher in your chosen discipline area, including:
- creativity and the arts
- languages other than English (LOTE)
- outdoor education
- physical education
- teaching English as a second language
- student welfare.
You'll also be able to pursue careers in a range of education-related industries and organisations, that could include:
- special-education teacher
- educational-publishing editor or writer
- museum or gallery educator
- corporate learning and development
- education-supply liaison officer
- outdoor education specialist
- student welfare officer.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a discipline that meets VIT specialised requirements.
- Applicants will also be asked to complete an assessment of their non-academic attributes.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall 7.0 with Listening 7.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5.
- Course Code: 084111J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A