Doctor of Medicine MD
The MD is a higher degree undertaken by clinically qualified staff normally during their postgraduate medical training. Applicants must be working in the South East of Scotland, either employed as a member of staff of the University of Edinburgh, or as an NHS employee, or as a research worker employed or self-financed or grant-funded, in the University of Edinburgh or an associated institution or an NHS establishment.
A thesis for the degree of MD must deal with one or more of the subjects of study in the curriculum for the degrees of MBChB or with subjects arising directly from contemporary medical practice.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A medical degree (MBChB or equivalent). You must also have at least one year of experience in scientific work bearing directly on your profession, or be in the practice of medicine or surgery.
Your primary place of work will be within the South East of Scotland NHS Postgraduate Deanery either employed by the University of Edinburgh or by South East of Scotland NHS.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh