Master of Social Work
The Master of Social Work prepares students for practice as professional social workers. This is an Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) accredited qualification. It is an entry qualification into the social work profession and has been determined to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS).
The Master of Social Work is a vibrant and challenging program that encourages students to build on their existing knowledge and experience as well as providing a sound understanding of social work values and practice approaches. Throughout the course there is an emphasis on social justice, human rights, and on achieving the best possible outcomes for the most marginalised and disadvantaged members of our community.
Students will be taught by leading social work practitioners and academics and there is a strong focus on experiential learning throughout the course.
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- provides students with the opportunity to undertake paid employment across ACU campuses while completing their studies.
- If you're currently enrolled at ACU, or you graduated within the last two years, you can get in touch with our Career Development Service team via the Student Portal.
- It gives you exclusive access to graduate jobs, internships, career advice and reviews tailored to your study area.
- The Career Development Service provides appointments and online career advice, workshops and programs, employer events and connection
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
- 3 years PSW for Canberra & Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the course,
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised university which includes a minimum of 8 units (2 full-semesters) of study in the social sciences.
- These units may include psychology, sociology, anthropology, policy studies, history, law, health and disability, technology, philosophy, indigenous studies, culture and human diversity, media study, gender studies, social theory and population studies.
- The undergraduate degree must have at least one unit in human behaviour AND one unit in sociology.
English Language Requirement
- International students must have completed the above prerequisites, they must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands).
- Course Code: 066741F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) / Graduate Certificate in Religious Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Teaching (Primary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Educational Leadership at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Education at Australian Catholic University (ACU)