Bachelor of Laws (3 Years)
UNE boasts one of Australia's largest law schools outside a capital city, as well as being an early adopter of innovative technology in the delivery of its law programs. The Bachelor of Law (3 years) encourages both a critical and progressive approach to the existing law and legal system; ensuring that students understand both the law and the context.
The Bachelor of Laws is accredited by the Legal Profession Admission Board of NSW for admission as a legal practitioner in NSW and mutual recognition legislation extends admission to other Australian jurisdictions.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree is accredited by the Legal Profession Admission Board of NSW. Upon completion of the LLB, graduates may complete a period of practical legal training (PLT) and be qualified to apply for admission as an Australian Lawyer. After admission, you are then eligible to apply for a practicing certificate as a solicitor from the Law Society of NSW or undertake further studies to obtain a practicing certificate as a barrister from the Bar Association of NSW.
Additionally, a law degree is relevant to a large range of careers including working in legal aid agencies, advocacy organizations, commercial firms, government departments, banking, commerce, management, and a wide range of businesses.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A graduate candidate shall hold at least a three-year degree (AQF Level 7) of a recognized university.
- An undergraduate candidate shall be qualified for admission (see Admission Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) Rule and the Admission Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) Procedures).
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 016049G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education (Primary) at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Science with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Social Science at University of New England
- Bachelor of Legal Studies at University of New England
- Bachelor of Laws (4 Years) at University of New England