Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology)
Entry to this course is governed by the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy. The selection of course entrants is based on academic merit and satisfaction of non-academic capabilities for entry to initial teacher education. In accordance with the mission of ACU, the Faculty of Education and Arts is committed to providing access to education for a diversity of students. For applicants who are not Year 12 students, the assessment may include year 12 or other studies undertaken to allocate an equivalent ranking. Additionally, ACU provides a range of access and equity schemes which consider additional or alternative factors in assessing applicants, including applicants of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. ACU also offers approved, alternative entry pathway programs for domestic and international students.
The Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts (Technology) is a double degree for students who want to teach technology in secondary schools (such as high schools).
Students will develop the professional knowledge, skills and attitudes required of an effective classroom teacher and learn about the technology curriculum.
Technology subjects in the core units and chosen specialisations cover:
- timber and metal work
In addition to covering critical theory, the degree has a strong practical focus and includes:
- industry and site visits
- group work
- exhibitions of student work to the university community and industry
- professional placements within secondary schools during the course
- in some cases, employment at university and community events.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course is designed for those intending to become technology teachers in secondary schools including Catholic, government and independent settings. Graduates may teach in institutes of technical and further education (TAFE), vocational education, community education centres, private colleges and special education settings.
- 3 years PSW for Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing and a minimum of 7.5 in listening and speaking.
Pre-requisites may also apply for entry into some major and minor sequences.
- Course Code: 0102082
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)