Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours)
The Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours) is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) program that allows students to further develop their specific areas of interest. This degree prepares students for careers in biotechnology as well as providing a pathway into Research Higher Degree studies.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- In-depth knowledge and ability to undertake further study and research in Biotechnology.
- Ability to develop, construct and manage a research project in Biotechnology.
- Critically and independently reflect and analyse project results.
- Ability to communicate a convincing and reasoned scientific argument at a level and style appropriate to the audience and to report scientific findings in an oral and substantial written format.
- Ability to work on an advanced scientific activity both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Ethical awareness, professional practice and awareness of the relationship between Biotechnology and society.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Supervision from a discipline academic must be sought before submitting your application.
To be admitted into the program applicants must have completed the Bachelor of Biotechnology or another cognate degree within the last five years with a minimum GPA of 5.0 in:
- all studies undertaken in the program; or
- across a major in the proposed discipline of study; or
- across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances the above requirements may be varied with permission of the PVC upon the recommendation of the Head of School.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 064596D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle