MSc (Maritime Technology and Management)
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Master of Science (Maritime Technology and Management), or MSc (MTM) programme, is jointly hosted by the Centre for Maritime Studies (CMS) and the Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Management (ISEM) at NUS Engineering.
The programme aims to nurture talent who can lead change in the maritime and logistics industry in Singapore and worldwide, helping the sector to achieve greater digitalisation and technology innovation.
This is in line with Singapore’s development as a leading International Maritime Centre (IMC), centred on its vision to be the Global Maritime Hub for Connectivity, Innovation, and Talent, and a hub of excellence for shipping, port, offshore, and maritime-related businesses.
To achieve this, Singapore must leverage on cutting-edge systems and infrastructure to become a key node in the global maritime network. In addition, the industry has a need for strong innovative players and a talented workforce equipped with future-ready skills and a global mindset.
The NUS MSc (MTM) programme has been designed to equip our graduates with strong analytics expertise, as well as knowledge of the latest emerging port, maritime and logistics technologies. Students will be provided with opportunities to develop the key skillsets needed to enable next-generation maritime and logistics capabilities, in such areas as industrial systems development, big data analytics tools, and emerging port technologies (e.g. digitalisation to train the workforce).
As MSc (MTM) graduates establish their careers in the sector and form a strong alumni community, CMS and ISEM hope to be able to capitalise on these networks to promote further collaborations between industry and research.
Through these efforts, the MSc (MTM) programme aims to play a part in developing a strong maritime innovation ecosystem at local, regional and global levels.
Why This Programme?
- Integrate knowledge and theory with practice, gaining practical insights into the maritime and adjacent industries, through an internship (for full-time students), or a team project (for part-time students).
- Be equipped with a future-ready skillset, though a programme that boasts a deep focus on programming methodology, statistics, machine learning and data mining/analytics.
- Maximise career development opportunities with strong support from industry (including the Singapore Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore and PSA Singapore) and make the most of a range of learning experiences with industry partners and practitioners, networking opportunities as well as job placement assistance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
International students are allowed to work not more than 16 hours per week.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's Degree with honours, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 85 (Internet-based), or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum Academic score 6.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10400 SGD
Application Fee: 100 SGD