Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
Make your business mark behind the scenes in the dynamic sports industry through Deakin’s Bachelor of Business (Sport Management). You’ll learn the skills required to manage sports organizations, coordinate sporting competitions, and major events, and work in community-based sporting programs. With the increased professionalism of sport, you’ll learn how to manage the business of sport, with specialized learning in marketing, finance, management, and law. You can also build your expertise with a complementary business major.
Want to help shape the future of your favorite sports?
This course takes you beyond the ground. You’ll learn skills required to manage sports organizations, hold sporting competitions and major events, and work in community-based sporting programs.
As well as a foundation in business with subjects like marketing, finance, management, and law, you’ll undertake specialized sport management topics including:
- sport and the law
- sport in society
- sport leadership and governance
- sport marketing.
You’ll also participate in industry placements, with at least 100 hours in a host sporting organization, so you can apply your knowledge in a practical environment.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The professionalization of sport in Australia and globally – especially women’s and junior sport – has opened the door to exciting new roles and pathways. Sports including Australian Rules football, basketball, cricket, tennis and golf, plus national and state sporting organizations, all require professionally trained people to work for them.
Career opportunities include:
- business coach
- fitness instructor
- business development manager
- player agent
- professional players’ manager
- a professional sports association official
- sports administrator
- sports coach
- sports development officer
- sports event coordinator
- sports governance official
- sports journalist
- sports management consultant
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- AISSCE (Class XII) :- 65%
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
- Course Code: 072593G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University