Doctoral Degree in Education
If you want to shape education policy or influence teaching methods, our PhD in Education will help you achieve your goals. We offer invaluable research opportunities and industry contacts.
Our Doctoral Degree in Education program
In our PhD in Education you’ll conduct high-level, original research grounded in industry experience.
We offer collaborations with community organisations and international research partners. You’ll have access to our specialised research centres, undertaking important projects for teachers, communities and policy makers.
Throughout your study, you’ll have the support of a supervisor experienced in education research. You’ll be taught best-practice research methods, then begin a PhD thesis in your chosen area. We’ll help you to present your findings clearly and effectively, through:
public presentations for broader audiences
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study is increasingly important in advancing your education career. This course could lead to a career as one of the following:
- education professional in schools or other settings
- manager in specialist education
- policy maker or developer
- workplace trainer.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
- Achieved an IELTS, (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a Masters degree or a relevant four year undergraduate degree with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 084124D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A