Economics and Finance with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons)
Do you see yourself in a senior finance role within an international organisation? Do you want to play a pivotal role in the success of a large business?
The BSc Economics and Finance with a Foundation Year degree at Swansea University could help you achieve this.
If you don’t attain the necessary grades to enrol on to the BSc Economics and Finance course, the BSc Economics and Finance with a Foundation Year degree is for you.
The Foundation Year is an excellent pathway to gaining the required knowledge and skills in economics and finance, before joining Year 1 students of the BSc Economics and Finance degree within the School of Management.
Blending core elements of economics and finance, this degree provides a comprehensive understanding of modern economics and its application within the financial industry. The chance to concentrate on specialist areas such as corporate finance will develop your appreciation of the relationship between economic analysis and financial operations.
Your Foundation Year will be taught at The College, located next to the School of Management. Once you complete this year, you will move to the School of Management building for the remainder of your studies.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Our standard entry requirement is BBB (UCAS tariff points 120) or equivalent. All offers are made following a review of the application form, predicted/achieved grades and subjects, the reference and personal statement. We also accept a range of advanced level qualifications including: International Baccalaureate 32; Welsh Baccalaureate - grade equivalent to A-level; Access to Higher Education and Open University qualifications, and Extended Project.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Tourism Management, BSc (Hons)\ With a Year Abroad\ With a Year In Industry at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- International Tourism Management, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Public Relations and Media with a Foundation Year, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Cymraeg, Cyfryngau a Chysylltiadau Cyhoeddus (Welsh, Media and Public Relations), BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Accounting and Finance with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Economics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY