INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION YEAR - SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
During the International Foundation Year in Science, Engineering and Computing, you will study core and optional modules which are carefully tailored for your academic development and chosen area of study. Find out about what kind of work you will be undertaking as a part of this pathway here.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
GRADUATE CAREER SKILLS
At Leeds International Study Centre, we have introduced CareerAhead activities to build your employability skills and prepare you for the world of work. These extra-curricular activities will take place year-round and be based on campus. They will provide you with a variety of learning opportunities, including:
- Personal evaluation and reflection
- Industry and business research
- Individual and group work
CareerAhead attempts to assist you in your learning by identifying your personal strengths and weaknesses, while highlighting areas for you to focus on in order to be successful in future. You will acquire knowledge about the working world and can even create a compelling CV through these activities.
HOW IT WORKS
Through CareerAhead, we will help you develop skills essential for professional working environments, such as communication, teamwork and time management. You will be guided to identify your strengths and to create a personal development plan which give you goals for you to take forward in your studies.
Our alumni have demonstrated their developed collaborative skills through setting up their own website, called Mama’s Cooking, as a part of their CareerAhead activities. Their business aim was to provide fellow international students with cooking tips and recipes as an aid for homesickness. This developed their entrepreneurial abilities, as well as allowing them to focus on building important leadership and team skills.
Building these invaluable skills will also take place inside the classroom. All our courses and modules are designed to expand your abilities and better your study skills. Working both individually on essays and in diverse groups to contribute to projects will allow you to take on many scenarios in working life and prepare you for your future career.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
English language*: Academic IELTS for UKVI 5.0 (minimum 5.0 in writing)
Academic: Good High School graduation grades (see the table below)
Age: Students are usually 17 years of age
Nationality: Course is only available to overseas students (non-UK and non-EU) COUNTRY SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- High School Certificate (HSC) at an average grade of 60% (3.0-5.0) with passes in 4 or more subjects or Intermediate Certificate / Polytechnic Diploma with passes in 4 or more subjects. 50 % minimum required for relevant subjects. All students must provide a language proficiency test certificate.
- Standard 10+1 at 70% or above. Standard 10+2 at 55% or above. 50% minimum required for relevant subjects.
- SMU 2 at grade 7.0 or SMU3 at grade 6.5 in 5 relevant subjects.
- Kotogakko - Year 12 (Senior 3) with an average GPA of 3.5/5.0 or at 70%. Year 11 (Senior 2) with an average GPA of 4.0/5.0 or at 75% or above.
- Secondary 4: Term 2 or Mid-Year transcript - Grades of A- C achieved in 5 relevant academic subjects to include English and Maths
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) with at least 6 O Levels at Grade B or above / at least 2 A levels at C or above.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A