Bachelor of Laws Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
The Bachelor of Laws Bachelor of Arts in International Studies takes a global approach to the study of law and culture with a requirement for students to spend a year overseas. Years 1–3 of the course are conducted at UTS, and encompass legal studies core subjects and electives/majors, including the new Legal Futures and Technology major.
In the International Studies component, students select a country major that guides their choice of language and culture subjects in preparation for their overseas experience. Fourth-year students then spend two sessions overseas at a UTS partner university in their chosen country or region, placing their theoretical learning in context.
In addition to immersing students in another culture, the in-country study program also delivers hands-on experience with cross-cultural legal issues, preparing students for international legal roles or to provide legal expertise for international organisations or foreign investors. This course also meets the academic requirements for admission to practise law in NSW.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include legal policy adviser within a government department, lawyer in a commercial or corporate sector with international links. Graduates can work with international organisations such as the United Nations and opportunities also exist in foreign affairs.
- Bachelor degree (including honours): 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
Minimum English Language Requirement
Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- Course Code: 026195C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences) Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Education Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences) Bachelor of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)