The classics major allows students to achieve proficiency in both Greek and Latin. Majors who choose an emphasis in Greek, also complete four semesters of Latin, and likewise, those who choose an emphasis in Latin, complete four semesters of Greek as well.
Such comprehensive training enables classics majors to explore Greek and Roman literature in the original languages. From a practical standpoint, students develop analytical and critical thinking skills, and they may also become thoughtful and gifted writers in their native languages thanks to the intensive grammatical training required by the study of ancient languages.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
While many students have a difficult time believing it, a humanities major such as ours enables students who complete it to consider just about any type of career or educational pursuit. Our coursework builds the critical thinking and communication skills needed to succeed in careers ranging from politics and education to business and law.
Think about what you learn in a classroom setting as well as what you do each day to be a successful student; the skills you develop are equally important in the workplace:
- critical reading, reflection, and analysis
- proper research design and methodology
- expanded world view and exposure to new ideas/ways of thinking
- effective teamwork to advance a common project/purpose
- effective time-management and self-motivation to complete projects independently
- demonstrated writing proficiency in short and long essay format
- discussion and debate strategies
- broader knowledge of career and graduate-study options
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD