Bachelors of Nursing / Midwifery
Double your professional worth and carer opportunities by earning two degrees from one of Australia’s leading nursing and midwifery schools.
Imagine the difference you could make to the lives of young and old, mothers, babies and entire families with an exciting, diverse and rewarding career in nursing and midwifery.
UQ’s innovative Bachelors of Nursing / Midwifery dual degree program takes a narrative and patient/woman-focused approach to learning, integrating practice across diverse, complex and dynamic healthcare environments.
You'll benefit from a program that links theory and practice through a variety of teaching methods, including narrative workshops, online learning and clinical simulation.
You'll integrate theory with practice across a range of healthcare settings, undertaking more than 1000 hours of supervised clinical placement in a range of clinical settings that include hospitals and a variety of other healthcare organisations.
Included in these hours are 10 ‘continuity of care’ experiences that are completed over the duration of the program. Providing continuity of care involves accompanying a woman and her family through the pregnancy, labour, birth and postpartum experience. You'll also have opportunities to engage with innovative models of healthcare, such as telehealth.
Students may receive the opportunity to undertake a placement outside the Brisbane metropolitan area. Additionally, subsidised international placement opportunities may be available, subject to funding.
- Gain knowledge and professional recognition across two programs.
- Start your practical experience in your first semester, where you'll undertake rostered clinical placement shifts and clinical skills simulations.
- Consolidate your knowledge and skills through extended clinical placements in your final year, streamlining your transition from student to registered nurse.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 062637E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland