Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Early Childhood Education)
Our program will equip you with the knowledge and skills to support young children in their learning and development from birth to the age of five. You will learn how to teach in the 21st-century early childhood settings where building strong relationships is vital and diversity is welcomed.
The diploma is shaped by a commitment to fairness and social justice. It is underpinned by the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a determination to ensure equitable outcomes in learning. You will learn alongside a diverse range of students and be taught basic proficiency in te Reo Maori.
You will be taught by academics who are experts in their fields of Education and passionate about supporting the next generation of teachers. Courses are taught through a range of methods including face-to-face lectures, tutorials, and workshops as well as online learning.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
While many graduates go on to teach in early childhood settings in New Zealand or overseas, the program will also provide you with transferable skills that can be applied to a range of careers. By already holding a bachelor's degree you will be eligible to start on a higher step of the salary scale in services covered by the New Zealand Educational Institute (NZEI) teaching collective agreement for early childhood teachers.
Jobs related to this program
- Curriculum developer
- ECE teacher
- Education consultant
- Hospital play specialist
- Learning designer
- Policy adviser for the Ministry of Education
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE (Grade Point Equivalent) 2.4
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland