This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Engineering Science (MEngSc)
Interested in strengthening your capacity to design, develop, and implement complex systems and engineering projects? This program offers flexibility across a range of engineering disciplines, so you can develop your technical expertise in areas specific to your career aspirations.
The Master of Engineering Science is designed for applicants with a background in engineering. You will have an engineering degree and you will take one and a half years of study to develop technical skills in-depth.
Your future is in industry, as a professional engineer with deeper technical skills in your engineering field.
- Benefit from a program that offers a flexible study plan. Tailor your studies to suit your interests, your industry, or your career goals.
- Students will develop professional engineering skills and technical expertise in their discipline through advanced and master's level courses. You'll graduate with the skills required to solve complex engineering challenges in a changing world.
- Undertake a supervised research project relevant to your engineering field. You'll be expected to systematically plan and manage all aspects of your project, and to clearly explain your findings and what they contribute to your field.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Software Engineering
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in Engineering (in the relevant field of study for which they wish to enrol) with a GPA of at least 4.5 on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 075742G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Materials and Manufacturing Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Electrical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Bioengineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Mechanical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Software Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Urban Water Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland