Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning
This degree leads to a professional career in planning, with employment opportunities in both city and country. Planning is about designing places that will stand the test of time - not cost the earth. Planning is about working towards a more livable, more sustainable world. Planners need to be familiar with a wide range of issues and the degree provides a broad general education in all major areas of planning and urban design, including land use planning, social planning, economic planning, transport planning, environmental planning, professionalism and ethics, and environmental and planning law. Work experience is an important part of the program and means that students receive hands-on education, opportunities to put their learning into practice, and a head-start in terms of gaining on-the-job experience.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You’ll be qualified to work in planning offices in federal, state, and local government, private consulting firms, and property development companies. Your career opportunities include positions in:
- urban design and place-making
- regional and rural planning
- development assessment and land use
- environmental planning and natural resource management
- social and community-based planning
- heritage and conservation.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
Students complete 12 weeks of practical work experience directly related to urban and regional planning.
- Course Code: 000376A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Music at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Media and Communications at University of New England
- Bachelor of International Studies with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of International Studies at University of New England