Infrastructure and the Environment MScR
The Institute for Infrastructure and Environment (IIE) is among the leading centres of civil and environmental engineering research in the UK. The Institute seeks new technologies to solve real-world problems in order to promote sustainability.
Key research areas include:
- behaviour and design of structures in fire and other extreme events
- fire science and fire safety engineering
- shells and containment structures
- nonlinear finite element modelling of complex structures and structural collapses
- mechanics and transport of granular materials and multiphase media
- computational mechanics and bio-mechanics
- fibre-reinforced polymer composites in structural strengthening and repair
- high-speed rail
- intelligent infrastructure and non-destructive evaluation
- sustainable water and wastewater treatment technologies
- water supply
- waste management and resource recovery
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in an appropriate subject, or relevant qualifications and experience.
Please contact us to check the specific entry requirements for this programme before you apply.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh