Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
The Monash School of Medicine is internationally recognized for providing a world-class educational experience by providing a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to medical training. We are the only Victorian university to offer a Direct Entry medical program for students completing year 12 as well as a Graduate Entry program leading to the same degree – Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Whichever pathway you take to Medicine at Monash, you will be challenged by a community where the discoveries of our world-renowned researchers are put into clinical practice. You will have access to the largest healthcare provider network in Australia, which includes the Monash Medical Centre and The Alfred, Melbourne's major casualty hospital.
The course offers an integrated curriculum, taught in an interdisciplinary fashion around four broad themes by staff from across the faculty, and in a wide range of learning environments, both on-campus and in clinical settings.
For school-leaver students, the first two years are largely campus-based, although with some city and rural clinical placements. Years Three to five are conducted in clinical settings, generally in hospitals and practices across metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria. Year five offers the chance for selective studies.
Once you commence the clinical component of the MD, you will experience the additional benefits of longitudinal education in one of Monash’s many clinical schools. These home bases will allow you to embed within your clinical school and the affiliated health services for an extended period of time providing you with the opportunity to form ongoing relationships with clinical supervisors and to develop scholarly research projects that will support better care of patients in that setting.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 35 in English (EAL) or 30 in English other than EAL
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in Chemistry
- A score of at least 5 in English SL or 4 in English HL, or 6 in English B SL or 5 in English B HL
- A score of at least 5 in Chemistry SL or 4 in Chemistry HL
- Course Code: 088889D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science Advanced (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Radiation Sciences (informatics) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Paramedicine (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music at Monash University