Health Data Science, PGDip
If you are working in a healthcare role that involves analysing health data, this MSc Health Data Science degree, could accelerate you into one of the fastest growing areas in the UK.
This course is designed to develop the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need as a Health Data Scientist. Our degree offers strong emphasis on practical and analytical skills that you can apply in the workplace and could make you more employable. It is available as a one year full time or three years part time course.
Healthcare already has an established strong relationship with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and is continuously expanding the knowledge forefront as new methods of acquiring data concerning the health of human beings are developed. On this course you’ll learn how processing this data to extract valuable information about a population (epidemiological applications) has the potential to improve quality of life on a large scale.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should have a 2:2 in a relevant subject such as healthcare, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or bio-informatics.
- You should also have experience of analysing quantitative data.
- Significant relevant experience in health data science, or a related field, may be accepted in lieu of a degree and should be evidenced within your applications.
- International Applicants for whom English is not your first language, may require an IELTS score or Swansea University recognised equivalent. If this is the case an IELTS score or recognised equivalent of 6.5 (minimum of 6 in each component) or higher will be needed.
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A