BA (Hons) in Politics and Philosophy and Ethics
You will explore questions of social justice, bioethics, and the nature of truth from different historical and contemporary philosophical perspectives. You will also be introduced to contemporary political issues, from political economy to security studies, and have developed the analytical skills and research abilities that will serve you well in the world of work. By the end of this degree, you will be an authority in the complex and complementary relationship between Politics, Philosophy, and Ethics.
This three-year course (full-time) is structured around four thematic strands of study: British Politics, International Politics, Defence and Security, Political Thought and Practice. You will receive a solid grounding in the theoretical approaches and research methods in Politics and will have the opportunity to complete an individual research project under the personal supervision of experienced researchers.
The course is designed to develop both your transferable skills and subject-specific knowledge. You will learn, through the tutorial experience, to read and study key texts in detail, to think critically and analytically about important ideas and issues, and to write knowledgeably and attractively about questions that matter to you and to society. You will also learn about philosophical and ethical ideas.
Bishop Otter Campus
Our Bishop Otter Campus in Chichester is set in beautiful surroundings with plenty of relaxing green space and a combination of attractive, historic buildings and excellent modern facilities. Back in 1839, the campus was founded by William Otter, Bishop of Chichester. 180 years later, the University still retains a strong sense of history as original parts still remain. Chichester is a beautiful city which offers a wealth of history and culture. It has many historical places to discover such as Chichester Cathedral, Market Cross and Chichester City Walls. Alongside its history, Chichester is surrounded by breath-taking sandy beaches with East and West Wittering beaches only 20 minutes away from campus. The South Downs National Park begins just 1.5 miles from our Chichester campus. From rolling hills to bustling market towns, the South Downs National Park's landscapes cover 1,600km² of breath-taking views and hidden gems. With Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton all under an hour away, the University of Chichester is perfectly placed for exploring the south coast.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: LV25
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) CRIMINOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) POLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDIES WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (Hons) in Primary Teaching with Early Years at University of Chichester
- BA (Hons) in Primary Teaching (QTS) at University of Chichester
- BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Level 6 Top Up at University of Chichester