Doctor of Philosophy (Science)
Monash University is committed to providing graduate research education of the highest quality in a stimulating, supportive, and professional environment. By undertaking a Ph.D. in Science, you will become a member of a dynamic community of scholars committed to innovation and discovery and contribute to the advancement of knowledge within your area of expertise. Monash Science Ph.D. graduates are highly employable, with many pursuing careers in academia and industry around the world.
A Ph.D. in Science takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a Ph.D. for the 21st century. At the core of the program is an extensive, independent research project on an agreed chosen topic, supported by at least two expert academic supervisors. You will also undertake a series of professional development activities or coursework units that equip you with the skills needed to make an impact in academia, industry, government, or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The minimum qualifications for admission to PhD enrolment are:
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Course Code: 003925G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Doctor of Philosophy Science (Joint award Monash - Leipzig) at Monash University
- Doctor of Philosophy Science (Joint award Monash - Bath) at Monash University
- Doctor of Philosophy Science (Joint PhD with University of Warwick) at Monash University
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science (Joint award IITB-Monash) at Monash University
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine at Monash University
- Doctor of Physiotherapy at Monash University