Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours)
Gain a competitive edge with in-depth knowledge of your chosen discipline through a supervised research project in Deakin’s Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours). This course connects you with teachers working in the field, supporting you to explore deeper approaches to future technologies, and opening doors to further research.
Are you a high performer wanting to investigate specialized knowledge through a focused research project?
Graduates from Deakin’s honors program are in high demand for their investigative, exploratory, and lateral thinking approach to IT. Now you can build on your skills with a focused research project in your chosen specialization.
You’ll work together with supervisors to investigate your area of interest through research-based exploration. Your project will reinforce the skills you already have and your passion for new knowledge while you work towards contributing new ideas to IT-related industry sectors.
As well as deeper and more specialized IT skills, you’ll learn to be an ethical, informed researcher. The coursework component of your honors program provides an essential theory for robust research, while your chosen project extends the practical skills you need to become a curious, adaptable problem-solver in your career.
Your project can focus on one of Deakin’s many IT discipline areas, including:
- application development – plan, design and develop profitable web, desktop, mobile, and business apps
- cloud computing – develop the expertise to construct solutions using virtualization, enterprise networks, system security, and cloud infrastructure
- creative technologies – integrate innovative computing concepts with the needs of a 21st-century lifestyle
- game development – use the latest games engines to create interactive tools for entertainment and education
- cybersecurity – identify, diagnose and resolve the challenges of safeguarding data and systems
- virtual and augmented reality – revolutionize the way companies work to overcome physical and geographical barriers
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
At Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, you are surrounded by expansive grounds and impressive new buildings. It offers state-of-the-art engineering, medical and sport facilities, as well as some of the most advanced research spaces in the world. The campus also features incredible sporting facilities, including Deakin’s Elite Sport Precinct, which includes an Australian rules football oval, FIFA-grade soccer pitch, athletics track, basketball courts, and more.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Your specialized research could lead to an IT career across many industry sectors. Depending on the interest area of the project you choose to develop, your skills will be in demand as a:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) researcher
- Human-machine intelligence researcher
- Data miners and scientist
- User Experience (UX) researcher
- Robotics programmers and scientists
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry will be based on performance in:
- a Bachelor degree or major in a related discipline with a WAM (Weighted Average Mark) of at least 65% in all level 3 and level 4 units (for Deakin awards) or final year units (for awards from other providers) OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 063354G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)/Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) at Deakin University