Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Become one of the inspiring individuals empowering future generations through education. Deakin’s Master of Teaching (Secondary) prepares you for a creative, challenging, and truly rewarding career.
Looking for an adaptable teaching qualification that opens doors to a diverse range of industries?
As a graduate of the Master of Teaching (Secondary), your employment opportunities will be vast. You’ll be qualified to teach at a secondary level anywhere in Australia, with skills that will also enable you to pivot into a broader range of roles. Learn how to think like a teacher and develop an invaluable mindset that can be applied to almost any sector, including education, youth work, corporate learning and development, NGOs, media, and community-based organizations.
Learn from highly experienced, passionate teachers who understand first-hand the importance of recognizing all students as people first. You’ll discover how to foster well-balanced relationships in the classroom to ensure students build positive connections with their peers, in turn promoting an environment to thrive.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As one of the largest growing employment industries in Australia, education, and training is projected to grow by 11.2% by May 2023* – that’s 11,300 new jobs or 11,300 career opportunities to explore.
The knowledge and skills you’ll develop through the Master of Teaching (Secondary) prepare you well for a diverse range of roles, including:
- secondary teacher in a public, independent or private school academic adviser
- youth worker
- museum educator
- policy manager in a not-for-profit organization
- education consultant in the local or federal government.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission is based on:
- Bachelor's degree in a different discipline. Secondary Teaching applicants must meet the requirement for prior studies from disciplines that enable them to qualify for either 2 single teaching methods or 1 double method, in secondary teaching areas offered at Deakin University (see list above in Course structure).
All applicants must complete an additional selection tool for non-academic attributes. Deakin University is using the CASPer test. CASPer is an online, video-scenario based situational judgment test, designed to measure non-academic suitability for teaching
- Course Code: 088431E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Laws - Major Thesis at Deakin University
- Master of Social Work (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Education (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of Laws (LLM) at Deakin University
- Master of Politics and Policy at Deakin University
- Master of Humanitarian Assistance at Deakin University