Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Interior Architecture
The Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Interior Architecture helps students to re-imagine interior environments and public spaces in local and global contexts. With a strong emphasis on people's experiences of space, this degree equips students with the critical skills required to interrogate and transgress the traditional boundaries of commercial interior design.
The course enhances employability through the development of a portfolio. The course allows students to develop skills in a specialised area, such as performative space, commercial interiors or residential interior design. Uniquely, digital technologies of representation, fabrication, internationalisation and design practice are emphasised.
The degree offers students a path from undergraduate through to postgraduate coursework and research study, including a PhD. Often the first step towards a research degree, an honours degree allows students to undertake self-determined, critical research and apply this to a specific project. Students prove their ability to develop and respond to a complex design brief, and develop innovative, holistic and professional design solutions.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include commercial and residential interior design, adaptive re-use design, interactive and responsive environment design, museum and exhibition design, production design for film and television, theatre and performance design, and visual and spatial branding.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants with a degree which is equivalent to the UTS Bachelor of Design in Interior Architecture and who have attained an overall minimum WAM of 65 or above must provide the following additional material in order to be considered for a place in the Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Interior Architecture:
- a digital portfolio of 10 x A4 landscape PDFs that display digital files, scans and/or photographs of original design work done by the applicant (max. size 5MB)
- a 200–300 word statement addressing the applicant's reasons for undertaking honours level study in design at UTS and the specific learning that they are seeking given their intended career direction on completion of the degree
- a one-page CV in PDF format that clearly articulates the applicant's design or related experience.
- a verified copy of the candidate's previous academic transcript.
Students must refer to the inherent requirements for all degrees offered by Design and Architecture in the Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 071630D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Information Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Artificial Intelligence at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Information Systems at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Bachelor of Business Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Information Systems Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)