Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering take coursework in thermodynamics, heat transfer, instrumentation, measurements, computer-aided design, solid and fluid mechanics, dynamics, machine analysis and design, mechanical design, manufacturing processes, vibrations and controls. This is supplemented by elective coursework in such areas as sustainability, internal combustion engines, refrigeration and air conditioning, mechanical design, robotics, propulsion, manufacturing, bio-engineering, alternative energy, thermal design, composite materials, and tribology. Laboratories are available for basic instrumentation, thermal and fluid sciences, solid mechanics, data acquisition, controls, CAD/CAE, and vibrations.
With 600+ clubs and organizations, frequent events and award-winning recreation, there’s never a shortage of excitement at USF’s Tampa campus. Plus, we offer a wide range of undergraduate majors, from medicine and engineering to the arts and business.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Aeronautics, Aerospace, and Propulsion Engineer
- Automotive, Fuel Cells, and Transportation Engineer
- Propulsion Systems, Electronic Systems, Power Generation Engineer
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Engineer
- Structures and Machinery Design Engineer
- Micro and Nano Materials, Semiconductors Engineer
- 12 to 36 months (OPT duration depends on the major studied).
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- GPA 3.0 out of a 4.0 or equivalent and SAT of 1260 or ACT of 27
- Lower SAT or ACT will be considered if GPA is higher than a 3.0*
- 50/100% scale or B2 for CBSE or 4 Pass with Credit for CISCE
- IGCSE 5 academic subjects with 3.0 average
- AS / A Levels: A 3.0 average on A-Level.
- Must meet IGCSE requirements.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: N/A