New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4)
This programme is for those who want to begin study, but need to build confidence or brush up on skills. Students will choose from five pathways that align with their career goals, including: Health, Social Practice, Creative Industries, Early Childhood, and the Open pathway for general subjects and skills.
Students will gain essential academic knowledge, capabilities, and skills needed to succeed at higher levels of study.
Students will be introduced to new ideas and concepts in a step-by-step way, building their confidence as we guide them without holding their hand along the way. Classes range from lectures to small classes and labs (Health pathway), with a lot of online support. Tutors will support students at every step of their journey, and there is an option of wh?nau based delivery for M?ori and Pasifika students in the Health pathway.
On completion of the programme students will achieve a national qualification, the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4), and be able to apply for further study in their preferred career pathway.
Hamilton City Campus
It is located in the heart of the CBD.
For sport science, trades, engineering, animal care, hospitality, or cookery programs
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
After successful completion of Diploma level 6 student can get progress into Bachelor's degree. If going directly for job will be able to at technician or clerical level.
After successful completion of Graduate Diploma level 7 student can get progress into Master's degree. If going directly for job will be able to do at executive level.
If you complete 1 or more acceptable qualifications at Levels 4 to 6:
- on or before 31 December 2021, you can apply for a visa to work in New Zealand for 2 years.
- after 31 December 2021, you can apply for a visa to work in New Zealand for 1 year.
If you complete a Graduate Diploma or another Level 7 qualification:
- on or before 31 December 2021, you can apply for a Post-study work visa for 2 years
- after 31 December 2021, you can apply for a Post-study work visa for 1 year.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You can apply for this programme if you meet one of the below options:
Based on your school achievement (secondary school study)
- 40 credits at NCEA Level 2; including 10 literacy credits at NCEA Level 2 and 10 numeracy credits at NCEA Level 1; or
- a recognised equivalent.
Based on study completed after school (tertiary study)
- A relevant course at NZQF Level 2; or
- a recognised equivalent.
Based on discretionary entrance
If you don’t meet any of the above options, and you think you have what it takes to complete this programme, you can apply for discretionary entrance. Your application may be accepted if you can demonstrate a good chance of success.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 04 Month 14 Days
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Diploma in Beauty Body and Spa Therapies at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- National Diploma in Journalism (Multi-media) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Certificate in Media Arts (Foundation) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5) with strand in Cookery at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)