Master of Leadership and Management in Health Care
The aim of this course is to prepare graduates to become ethical, effective health leaders and managers who support innovation and who are able to take the lead in the strategic development of a range of organizations, leading to culturally safe, resource-efficient health care within local, national and global health contexts.
The course has a strong focus on strategic organizational management, leading change in health service delivery, clinical redesign and in being a facilitative leader who is able to engage staff in developing innovative quality improvements.
This course will appeal to those who want to develop strong leadership and effective management skills that can be applied across a range of health care environments.
The two-year course is offered at the Master level only with exit options being the Graduate Certificate in Health Administration and the Graduate Diploma in Health Administration.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will be well-equipped to lead and manage a range of health care services from a local, national and global perspective. Potential roles include health services manager, nurse unit manager, Chief Executive Officer in a health facility, leader or manager in a humanitarian or social welfare organization or manager of a public or private health-related facility.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Leadership and Management in Health Care, an applicant must have completed:
- the equivalent of an Australian bachelor's degree in a health or human services related discipline;
- the equivalent of an Australian Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Health Administration;
- the equivalent of an Australian bachelor's degree in any discipline and relevant work experience in a health or human services role.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands)
- Course Code: 097207E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Professional Psychology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Rehabilitation at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Master of Health Administration at Australian Catholic University (ACU)