Master of Science (Research)
The Master of Science (Research) is a great opportunity to gain advanced research skills and explore an area within science through the one-year research thesis.
You study in a friendly, professional environment and can choose the generic Master of Science (Research) or select one of: Applied Conservation, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Food Science, Geospatial Science, Marine Science, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
In the second year, you focus on your thesis (120 points), gaining advanced skills in critical analysis and expertise in research methods, communication, analysis and evaluation. The thesis is your opportunity to research an area of your interest, working closely with your supervisor.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
One of the following (or equivalent) with a B grade average in papers at level 7:
- Bachelor of Science OR
- Graduate Diploma in Science
- Course Code: AK1037
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Nursing Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)