Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis & Autism Studies
The Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Autism Studies at the University of Massachusetts Lowell adopts the scientist-practitioner model to prepare students with the knowledge and skills they need to enter both applied professional and research positions, and be well-prepared for future matriculation into doctoral programs. Through required and elective coursework, fieldwork experience, and available research opportunities, students are exposed to a wide range of scientific perspectives within Psychology.
The ABA and Autism Studies Program at UMass Lowell welcome, value, and respect all persons regardless of race, ethnicity, belief system, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, and (dis)ability. We are a community that thrives from our diversity. We encourage you to speak and listen in order to learn from other perspectives, as we believe this creates a more meaningful educational experience for students and faculty alike.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university, with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Minimum of four courses in psychology and one course in statistics in your undergraduate coursework.
- Some background in the psychology of child development. We are especially interested in coursework in some of the foundational areas of psychology (e.g., developmental, learning, behavior analysis, biological bases of behavior, research methods, cognitive psychology, etc.).
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one from recent or current instructors.
- A personal statement that describes your background, your interests in our program, and how our program will help you meet your career goals.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master of Science in Radiological Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Public Health - Population Health at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Physics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Master of Public Health - Nutrition at University of Massachusetts Lowell