Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation
The Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation provides evidence based studies for health professionals including registered physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, nurses and other allied health professionals who seek to extend knowledge and skills in the fields of aged and neurological rehabilitation for promotion and professional recognition, or return to the workforce. This program enables articulation to the Master of Rehabilitation (Discipline).
The course builds on the health inquiry unit and units related to clinical reasoning, advanced studies in chronic disease and disability and inter-professional practice and delivers case-based, on-line studies of aged and neurological disorders for holistic management and participation, along with research methodologies to plan a work-based project and a discipline specific practicum.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced rehabilitation clinical knowledge and skill required in interprofessional rehabilitation settings
- Synthesise and evaluate complex clinical information, problems, concepts and theories related to challenges within rehabilitation settings which is informed by evidence based practice;
- Apply effective ethical clinical leadership using advanced clinical judgement and decision-making to healthcare challenges within rehabilitation settings.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will be able to apply theory and practice learned in a range of health provider settings including but not limited to:
- Public Health Care provider in acute wards and rehabilitation settings
- Private Health Care provider in acute wards and rehabilitation settings
- Private Practice in the fields of aged and neurological rehabilitation
- Aged care Health services
- Transition care community rehabilitation and long term care settings
- State, Federal and local government in policy development or implementation
- Health Carer groups
- Health Care based research.
Roles may include:
- Case worker
- Team Leader
One year courses are not eligible for applying PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites:
- Hold one of the following qualifications with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 on a seven-point scale.
- a Bachelor Degree from an accredited four-year program for speciality disciplines, or an accredited three-year program for non-specialty pathway; OR
- a Graduate Entry Masters in a related discipline; OR
- a Doctor (Extended Masters) in a related discipline; OR
- an approved equivalent in a related discipline.
- Have a minimum of two years clinical experience in the appropriate discipline.
- Hold current registration with the required authority in Australia or registration authority in your country of current practice, as required by your discipline.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 6.5 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- Course Code: 086189D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A