Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurses)
More nurses graduate from ACU than anywhere else in Australia – and for good reason. Our nursing courses are known for developing professionals who are caring, adaptable, safe and ethical.
The Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurses) is structured to allow Diploma-qualified enrolled nurses to qualify with a Bachelor degree. The program uses learner-centred approaches including inquiry and situation-based learning to enhance students’ experiences as well as their readiness for the workplace.
Throughout the course you will connect theory to practice and may have the opportunity to undertake a clinical nursing specialty in your final semester. Specialties linked with industry in areas of workforce include:
- aged care nursing
- community nursing
- high dependency nursing
- medical/surgical nursing
- mental health nursing
- paediatric nursing
- palliative care nursing
- perioperative nursing.
You may also take up the opportunity to engage with communities overseas and gain unique educational and cultural experiences working in care facilities in developing countries.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
International applicants - and ACU College students who have successfully completed their Diploma of Nursing - should apply to ACU directly for the Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurses) on the Ballarat and Melbourne campuses.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a registered nurse graduates can pursue a career in a range of settings including medical/surgical nursing, paediatric nursing, aged care nursing, community care nursing, mental health nursing and clinical education.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, North Sydney, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Ballarat, & Canberra
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an approved and accredited Australian Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing) and hold current registration as an enrolled nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Applicants for Nursing courses should also carefully review the details outlined in Schedule 3, Section 3b of the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy to check how they must demonstrate their English Language Proficiency.
Other prerequisites to undertaking this course
Applicants must have completed an approved and accredited Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing) and hold current registration as an enrolled nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Course Code: 086187F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)