Bachelors of Mathematics / Economics
Equip yourself for a wide range of careers with a focused background in economic theories and principles and the in-depth knowledge of a mathematics degree with this dual degree.
This dual degree combines core economic skills and an understanding of how economics shapes areas such as public policy, business and industry with mathematics analytical and quantitative abilities in a single four-year program.
In the Bachelor of Economics component, you can choose to study business, environmental and resource economics, economic policy, econometrics, financial markets, labour and health economics, international trade and development, macroeconomics and microeconomics.
Modern computation, advances in scientific technology and the increasing production of data have all increased the scope for applications of mathematics. In the Bachelor of Mathematics, you'll develop either a comprehensive knowledge in a single field of mathematics, or a high level of sophistication in the applications of mathematics.
Graduates with high-level quantitative and analytic skills, augmented with comprehensive economics training, play a key role at the forefront of new developments in fields from engineering and the physical sciences to economics, information technology, molecular biology, accounting, business information systems and finance.
- Gain specialised knowledge in one mathematics field or an understanding of mathematics applications in general.
- Develop a range of statistical and analytical tools you can use to solve policy and decision-making challenges.
- Graduate with high-level quantitative and analytic abilities that will help you thrive in a range of fields.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Applied Mathematics
- Business and Industry
- Data Analytics and Operations Research
- Economics and Public Policy
- International Trade and Finance
- Mathematical Physics
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Pure Mathematics
- Quantitative Methods
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Data engineer
- Senior analyst
- Economic consultant
- Business development manager
- Data analyst
- Analytics engineer
- Investment analyst
- Algorithm specialist
- Mathematics teacher
- Quantitative analyst
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088350F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland