Bachelor of Philosophy
When you undertake the Bachelor of Philosophy, you will be encouraged to reflect deeply and critically on the fundamental questions that have perplexed man since ancient times. You will also be challenged to examine your own beliefs, values and approach to living. A study of philosophy will boost your own critical thinking abilities and deepen your cultural literacy by exploring how philosophical thought has influenced Western culture.
Students of Philosophy are encouraged to reflect deeply and critically on fundamental questions, and are challenged to examine their own beliefs, values and the practical implications for living. This three-year Bachelor of Philosophy program covers various areas of philosophical thought, major topics, and thinkers within the discipline. It also includes treatment of the Catholic intellectual tradition.
In Western Australia, Philosophy is available to secondary school students under the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE). By studying a Bachelor of Philosophy and gaining a postgraduate teaching qualification, such as the Master of Teaching (Secondary), you will be eligible to teach philosophy in secondary schools.
Students studying a degree in Philosophy can undertake a Major or Minor in the following disciplines:
Theology, History, English Literature, Politics & International Relations, Behavioural Science and Social Justice. Students may also wish to study Philosophy and/or Theology as a Major within a degree in the School of Arts & Sciences.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
The University’s Broome Campus provides a unique environment for students, offering practical learning opportunities and cultural awareness training, in the heart of Australia’s iconic Kimberley region.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The following careers are open to graduates of this program:
- Academic teaching
- Public libraries
- Research institutes
- Education and teaching (upon completion of a graduate-entry teaching qualification)
- International diplomacy
- Trade missions
- Script writing
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- India Senior School Certificate (ICSE) awarded by CBSE/?CISCE/NIOS
> TIER 1 - 65% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 75% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 3 - 80% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (awarded by State Boards except Punjab State Board)?
> TIER 1 - 75% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 80% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> TIER 2 - 85% overall for best 4 academic subjects.
> Tier 1 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Education (Sydney; Primary and Early Childhood programs, Fremantle)
> Tier 2 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Education (Secondary degrees & double degrees, Fremantle)
>Tier 3 refers to undergraduate programs in the following schools:
- School of Law
- School of Physiotherapy
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) study
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants who left secondary education more than two years previously and who have not undertaken VET or higher education study since then, but with relevant work and life experience. Such experience may include, but is not limited to:
- STAT scores of at least 135 in the Multiple Choice section and 140 in the Written English section are required
- Mature-age completion of two Year 12 WACE or HSC exams with a resulting ATAR of 70 or above
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) or equivalent results if these have been completed within the last 5 years.
- Course Code: 061708C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Major: Environmental Management) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Major: Biology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Nursing at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Philosophy) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Archaeology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Applied Psychology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia