Bachelor of Justice (Honours)
- A pathway to a research career
- On completion of the Bachelor of Justice course or a double degree, this honors program is available to high-achieving students
- Undertake advanced research training before completing a thesis
- Work with a supervisor to design, develop and implement a substantial research project in criminology, intelligence, policing or broader topic related to the criminal justice system
- Ideal for students looking to progress to a PhD
Why choose this course?
An honors degree identifies you as a future innovator and leader in your field. The Bachelor of Justice (Honours) develops your applied research skills to an advanced level in the fields of critical criminology, investigations and policing, and justice policy. The course provides you with the opportunity to use and develop your research skills, broaden your knowledge of a specific professional field, and extend your knowledge of the theories of justice.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
UniHub is a free, online database for job listings, work experience opportunities, employers, and career workshops. CareerHub advertises jobs across a range of industries and is a great place to start your job search. Once you have a student username and password, you can access opportunities in our CareerHub.
- Community Corrections Officer
- Community Worker
- Corrective Services Officer
- Customs Officer
- Government Officer
- Police Officer (Australian Federal)
- Police Officer (State)
- Policy Officer
- Project Manager
- Public Servant
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Youth Worker
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic entry requirement
Completion of QUT's Bachelor of Justice (or equivalent) recognized degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 5.0 (on QUT's 7-point scale). The bachelor's degree must have been completed within the last two years.
- Course Code: 020313F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Social Work at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Business at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice at Queensland University of Technology