Certificate Management for Healthcare Professionals
This module is ideally suited to all health care professionals within the multidisciplinary team who are considering to further their education at Masters level (Level 9) and hold a minimum of an NFQ Level 8 degree.
We also offer a level 8 (Degree Level) Certificate in Management and Leadership in Healthcare. This is a workshop based programme that provides the learner with skills necessary for leadership and management and might be more suitable to those who have not studied at third level for some time. You can look at it here.
This 10 credit Level 9 (Masters Degree Level) is a special purpose award in management, specifically designed for those healthcare professionals who wish to develop a systematic and deeper understanding of knowledge and advanced skills in healthcare management. It will provide students with a level of critical awareness to enhance their professional competence in the effective management of health services. On completion of this programme students will have gained confidence in their management and leadership skills through participation in our workshops and networking with colleagues. The course is structured to support the learner while facilitating those who are in full time employment. The flexible nature of the programme works best for the busy healthcare professional who wishes to engage with the programme content during their off duty time.
A blended learning approach is used to deliver the programme over one semester following a workshop format spread over 3 “blocks” during the semester. Each Block will include a 1 day workshop using a combination of Synchronous (Real time) and Asynchronous (Flexible access) approaches. Students will also be expected to engage in a number of online activities between each block. These activities enhance the content of the workshop towards developing managerial knowledge and skills and will underpin the programme assessment. During the Covid Pandemic this programme has been run fully online.
The programme provides learning opportunities and resources but places an emphasis on self-directed learning. Students must be able and willing to take significant responsibility for their own academic and professional development with a focus on independence and autonomy. This approach creates an exciting and stimulating environment that is student and practice focused. The ratio of staff to student is low providing the students with a unique opportunity to develop and learn.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Working as a healthcare professional.
- Hold a minimum of an NFQ Level 8 degree or equivalent.
- Applicants who do not hold the standard qualifying NFQ Level 8 qualification criteria, but have relevant work experience may be considered for admission to the program under the Institute’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process and subject to an interview.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD593
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Higher Diploma in Science Business Systems Analysis at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Finance and Business Analytics at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Certificate Economics & Finance at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Science Digital Marketing Practice at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Higher Diploma in Business Management at Waterford Institute of Technology