Bachelor of Music (Honours)
Whether you are a performer, composer, musicologist or music studio teacher, your honors year sees you focus exclusively on your area of specialization. You will work closely with our staff of leading musicians and music-writers while you explore your chosen major in-depth, and further develop the required intellectual and creative skills to thrive in the industry.
You will choose to major in classical or jazz performance, composition, musicology, popular music or studio pedagogy. Musicology students can also choose to further refine their major to focus on music education research or ethnomusicology.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
On top of the career pathways available following your undergraduate degree, postgraduate study in music boosts your potential to build a successful performance or composition career. It also helps to secure a future in academia and research, contributing to influential projects in the music and wider arts community.
Jobs related to this program
- Arts administrator/manager/director
- Instrumental teacher
- Music educator
- Music journalist
- Radio/television/digital media/record producer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree GPE 5.0
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Music at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Global Studies at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Dance Studies (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Dance Studies at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at University of Auckland