Doctor of Philosophy - (Communication)
The PhD is a University-wide degree which involves an intense period of supervised study and research, culminating in the submission of a thesis. The degree is awarded to candidates who, through original investigation, make a distinct and significant contribution to knowledge in their field of specialisation.
All students are required to successfully complete the research training coursework subject 51913 Academic Research Practice which will develop their research knowledge and skills.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This research degree is especially valuable for those wishing to pursue an academic career, a career in research or an advanced level of professional practice.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- Selection criteria also include the quality of the research proposal, the faculty's ability to offer appropriate supervision in the applicant's chosen field, and, where necessary, demonstration of generic technical skills.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall with TWE of 5.0, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27; or AE6: Pass; or PTE: 65-72; or CAE: 185-190.
- Course Code: 014627E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Mathematics) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physiotherapy) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Orthoptics) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Pharmacy) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)