Master of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the most powerful forces behind digital disruption. And it's set to inject $15.7 trillion into the global economy by 2030.*
La Trobe's Master of Artificial Intelligence will set you on an exciting new path. It's the only Masters in AI in Australia that allows you to specialise in key technical areas, including interactive media and computer vision, or natural language processing. And you can also follow your curiosity, choosing from a wide range of electives including cybersecurity, big data, digital business and digital health.
Learn to use AI technology in a wide range of contexts, including digital healthcare, smart manufacturing, smart cities, sustainable energy infrastructure, precision agriculture and more. You'll learn from world-renowned lecturers who are leading the advancement of virtual reality and computer engineering.
Get a hands-on approach. Use your AI skills to solve real-world problems, take on an industry-based project with leading organisations including Microsoft, Optus, 4Pi Labs, Aerion, Quantum Victoria, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, Pivot Maritime International and Axicor.
Problem-solving with AI
Discover how research skills and deep learning algorithms are used to develop AI-based solutions to real-world problems.
Learn how to analyse data to design, implement and evaluate machine learning techniques for solving real-world problems.
Deep learning techniques
Explore deep learning techniques and apply them to AI functions like image recognition, machine translation and speech synthesis.
Social, legal and ethical impact of AI
Gain an understanding of the legal, moral and societal issues faced by today's IT industry and their impact on how AI technology is used.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus combines parkland beauty with a vibrant campus culture filled with cafés, shops and a multi-level library. It’s also one of Australia’s largest university campuses. You’ll have access to state-ofthe-art facilities, including our brand-new tech and business labs, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science and our very own Wildlife Sanctuary. You'll also have help to achieve your academic best. We provide dedicated study rooms like the Women's Lounge, the Law Common Room, and the MASO (Mature Age Student Organisation) Lounge. And we host many cultural and academic events on campus to make you feel at home.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
La Trobe offers programs that are industry-focused and offer a lot of practical exposure. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot.
The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market. La Trobe focuses on Work Integrated Learning. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot. The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market.
The duration of the internship will vary depending on the chosen course and subject. During this time a student will be expected to complete assessments based on experience. Please note that eligibility criteria do apply.
If you are an undergraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Accounting Work Placement (ACC3AWP)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUS3ELP)
- Food and Beverage Supervision (THS1FBS)
- Sports Practicum (MGT3SPR)
If you are a postgraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Business Analytics Project (BUS5PR2)
- Business Work Placement (BUS5WIL)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUA5ELP)
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
- Professional entry: Applicants do not require an undergraduate degree but must have a minimum of 8 years' relevant managerial experience 6.0.
- Professional entry (no undergrad degree): International applicants must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0. Please note that international students studying online are not eligible for an Australian student visa.
Australian Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
Requirements for selection and application
Entire Academic Record (Compulsory)
This course uses the entire academic record as part of its selection considerations.
IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0
- Course Code: 0100864
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Internet of Things at La Trobe University
- Master of Engineering (Electronics) at La Trobe University
- Master of Construction and Engineering Management at La Trobe University
- Master of Information and Communication Technology at La Trobe University
- Master of Information Technology at La Trobe University
- Master of Telecommunication and Network Engineering at La Trobe University