Pre-Masters Programme in Science and Engineering
The Pre-Masters Programme in Science and Engineering is your route to a variety of postgraduate degrees at the University of Sussex.
You can choose one of two pathways, based on your intended Masters degree:
- Computing and Engineering
- Life Sciences
See our entry requirements and fees pages for full information.
On both pathways you will study a combination of general and academic modules to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need for postgraduate study. All of our programmes include an integrated career skills module, CareerAhead, to help you develop career skills needed for the world of work.
There are two lengths of study available:
You should choose the length of study based on your entry requirements.
Changing your degree subject
During the Pre-Masters programme you have the option to change your progression degree, provided your first degree is suitable for the Masters degree you want to change to. This makes the programme a great choice for students who have decided on their area of further study and who are looking for a flexible route to university.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Prepare for your future career
At the International Study Centre, we care about your academic success - as well as your career once you graduate. With your future career in mind, we have integrated a variety of employability activities into our academic courses at the International Study Centre. These employability activities are designed to give you a head start in today’s competitive graduate employment market by helping you become a confident, highly skilled and employable graduate.
All activities are tailored to your level of study, whether you are preparing for undergraduate or postgraduate study. With our support you will identify your strengths, develop your skills for success and focus on areas for improvement, enabling you to maximise your chances of success at the University of Sussex and achieve your future goals.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- English language*
- One semester course: Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.0 overall (minimum 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in all other bands)*^
- Two semester course: Academic IELTS for UKVI 5.5 (minimum 5.5 in all other bands)*
- Academic Please see the country-specific qualifications in the table below
- Age 20 years of age, or above
- Nationality Only available to international (non-UK and non-EU students)
- Additional requirements MSc in International Finance, MSc in Management Finance or MSc in Corporate and Financial Risk Management postgraduate degrees require students to have studied maths and/or a numerate discipline throughout their degree studies with a Grade C or above, or have a good pass - Grade C - at Maths at AS Level or equivalent
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A