A Masters by Research (MScR) programme is ideal if you have a clear idea of the independent research you wish to undertake at Masters level in any area of Italian studies, from medieval to contemporary culture.
Offered at Edinburgh since the late 16th century, Italian was formally added to the University’s curriculum in 1919 and, in the century since, has developed into a broad area of study. Join our community and undertake a project comprising research assignments and a 15,000 word dissertation under the guidance of an experienced and well-published supervisor.
Our expertise covers most areas of Italian cultural studies from the Middle Ages to the present, including literary history and theory, comparative studies, translation, film studies, philology and philosophy.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You should have near-native speaker competence in Italian.
MScR: A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a related subject.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Translation Studies MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Speech and Language Processing MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies (Hispanic Studies) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Russian MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Mind, Language and Embodied Cognition MSc at The University of Edinburgh