Master of Economics (Coursework)
The Master of Economics program is an excellent means of obtaining advanced-level qualifications in the disciplines of Economics, Agricultural, and Resource Economics and Econometrics which are all areas of research and teaching strength at UNE. The program can be studied on a full-time basis over two years, or by part-time or distance education for up to six years. This is a flexible program that can be pursued through a combination of coursework and independent research so that you can develop research skills and expertise that are relevant to your work and career goals.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
You will graduate from UNE’s Master of Economics with advanced skills in economic analysis, economic and social policy development, project management, and policy evaluation. This will give you career opportunities in government and non-government organizations, including positions such as:
- policy analyst
- project officer
If you achieve strong results and perform well in the research component, you could proceed to a doctoral program in economics and pursue an academic or research career.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification with a major in a non-relevant discipline; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification with a major in a relevant discipline*; or
- (c) hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Diploma qualification in a relevant discipline*.
*Relevant disciplines include, but are not restricted to:
- Agricultural Economics
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
Students may complete an overseas study tour (OSSE500) during their course.
- Course Code: 064590K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Strategic Organisational Development and Human Resource Management at University of New England
- Master of Professional Accounting at University of New England
- Master of Economic and Regional Development at University of New England
- Master of Business Administration (International) at University of New England
- Master of Business Administration at University of New England