Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Automotive & Automation Systems)
What is Applied Computing (Automotive & Automation Systems)?
Advances in automotive technology have resulted in rapid growth in innovative features such as driverless cars and collision avoidance. These features require sophisticated software that can sense and interpret the environment around them. Similarly, high-tech industries are embracing new smart manufacturing technologies whereby industrial systems can communicate and cooperate to improve efficiency.
What is the BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing (Automotive & Automation Systems)?
The BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing (Automotive and Automation Systems) is a full-time, four-year, honors degree course of study that can be chosen within the BSc (Hons) in Applied Computing Common Entry Route. This course is designed to equip students with the specialist knowledge and practical skills required for employment in the automotive and automation sector. Both Irish-based and overseas companies seek skilled graduates who are able to create innovative software solutions for the automotive industry.
Through ongoing collaboration with industrial partners, students gain access to state-of-the-art tools, processes, and technologies used in this sector, covering a range of topics such as embedded software development, driver assistance systems, industrial automation, and automotive software design. This knowledge and skillset are not only sought after in the automotive and automation industry, but also in aerospace and other embedded software engineering environments.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD001 AAS
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology