Bachelor of Global Studies
The UTS Bachelor of Global Studies is a highly versatile, professionally oriented arts degree that takes globalisation in its political, economic and cultural manifestations as its core subject of inquiry. Students draw connections between global phenomena and concrete local practices in work and life, seeing the opportunities and constraints that exist for different groups of people. The course engages students in complex problem-solving regarding global processes and events.
Students select a major in business, management, communications, health or legal studies and integrate the perspectives and skills from their professional major into their core subjects. Students may choose to study overseas on session?long exchange or short?term work and/or study placements, or to learn another language. Students undertake either a domestic or international work placement.
This course prepares graduates for careers and contributions in a world of social and cultural diversity being transformed by globalisation, allowing students to draw connections between global phenomena and local practices in work and life.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include roles in a number of globally oriented workplaces such as government and non-government organisations as well as a variety of companies, ranging from small start-ups to major multinationals. Career options are often based on the choice of major within the degree. Graduates have roles as marketing coordinators, brand strategists, business managers and paralegals. Graduates have also worked in industries including finance, hospitality, tourism, digital media and the not-for-profit sector.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 063940A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Communication (Media Arts and Production) Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation - (C10324) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Product Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Animation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Visual Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Fashion and Textiles at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)