Master of Media Practice and Industry
The Master of Media Practice and Industry is for creative media graduates or experienced industry practitioners seeking to advance their skills and employability in a hybrid and dynamic media environment. The course is focused towards media industry transformations with respect to ethics, social justice, technology and sustainability. Students select from innovation, industry and production subject choices which share entrepreneurial, collaborative and iterative approaches to the ideas, practices and audiences for screen, digital media and emerging platforms. Curation, design thinking and project-based work are key aspects of the course which aims to produce graduates who can provide leadership to harness and shape opportunities in the field.
This course is unique in integrating advanced media production practices and future-focused capabilities and technologies with social justice, ethics and sustainable industry practices. Graduates from this course are highly sought after as leaders in a rapidly evolving media landscape.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are creative and cultural producers who can incubate, produce and post-produce for screen, digital and emerging media. Career options include directors, producers, multiplatform storytellers, advertising creatives, festival and digital channel curators and post-production specialists in screen and immersive media. Graduates have the capacity to generate and deliver sophisticated creative media industry prototypes, portfolios and projects.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree,
- an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 7.0 overall with a writing score of 6.5;
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 94-101 overall, writing 27
- PTE (Academic): 65-72 overall with a writing score 58;
- CAE: 185-190 with a writing score 176.
- AE6 (PASS): AE6
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 098414A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Advanced Journalism (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Professional Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Animation and Visualisation at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Interaction Design (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)