Bachelor of Architectural Design
Take your first steps towards becoming an architect with the Bachelor of Architectural Design. Work in design studios with some of the best teachers in Australia, and use drawings, models, prototypes and structures to express your design ideas.
UQ's Bachelor of Architectural Design is all about practical and creative learning through design studios. You'll do hands-on construction at multiple scales, using progressively more complex materials and forms.
Design studios mimic what it's like to work at local and international design firms. They're also a lot of fun. Studios are usually organised around a project, and you'll investigate and present your design concept in front of your peers and experts at the end of semester.
Working hands-on with paper, card, clay and foam will give you the confidence to experiment with architectural form. You’ll also have opportunities to make models using laser cutters and 3D printers, construct furniture and prototypes, and even work on small buildings using our workshop facilities.
You'll gain a rich understanding of international cultures and develop skills in communication, teamwork and leadership. You'll learn about built environments and communities, construction documentation, people and places, and environmental factors.
Our teachers can offer links with local industry and international perspectives, and aim to strike a balance between creative and practical learning. When you graduate, you can progress into the Master of Architecture to finish your training.
- Access the latest design technologies, innovative processes and a wealth of architectural resources.
- Receive advice and guidance from real architects working in the field and go on industry and site visits.
- Impact communities through international study tours and learn how to address the challenges facing tomorrow's cities.
- Progress into the Master of Architecture, which is accredited by all state and territory architect registration boards.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Interior designer
- Environmental graphic designer
- Furniture designer
- Urban designer
- Property developer
- Product designer
- Wayfinding designer
- Change manager
- Fashion designer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 061825J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland