Bachelors of Business Management / Education (Secondary)
Guide our future leaders and be qualified to teach business and economics in high schools.
This dual degree prepares pre-service teachers to teach Economics and Business in the senior phase of schooling. You will complete a major in Business Economics and graduate with two teaching areas in Business and Economics.
You will be provided with opportunities to develop the appropriate knowledge and teaching strategies to effectively deal with literacy and numeracy demands and learning opportunities that exist in Economics and business.
In the education component of your studies, you'll be immersed in hands-on workshops, school visits and supervised professional experience placements throughout the program. All of this will give you a strong and practical understanding of day-to-day life in a school, so you know what it takes to play an instrumental role in shaping young adults into who they want to become.
- Gain a broad understanding of the Australian Curriculum while specialising in business and economics
- Build a strong foundation of knowledge in teaching complemented with practical classroom placements
- Join one of the world's top business schools and learn from award-winning research and industry experts.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Business Economics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Business secondary school teacher
- Economics secondary school teacher
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
From 2018 applicants to education programs in Australia must complete non-academic entry criteria - please check QTAC's advice.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098330E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland