Social Research MSc
This programme combines compulsory training in a combination of quantitative and qualitative social research skills with the essentials of research design.
You’ll graduate with an in-depth understanding of the key issues, approaches and techniques of research in the social sciences, and the ability to conduct quality social research of value to the public, policymakers, professionals, and the academic community.
Practical application of your skills is also a priority, and you will have the option to base your dissertation on work-based experience.
Recognized as research training by the Economic and Social Research Council, the programme is also eligible for the Open Societies Foundation grant scheme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme will equip you with research skills that can be used as the basis of doctoral research, potentially leading to an academic career.
Past students have also found research positions in both the public and private sectors.
You will develop a range of highly transferable skills, such as communication and project management, which can be applied to roles in any field.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Medical Law and Ethics LLM at The University of Edinburgh