Graduate Diploma in Migration Law
Gain advanced knowledge in migration law with our practical and engaging Graduate Diploma in Migration Law.
VU is Australia’s leading migration law education provider, with the longest-running program nationwide. The Graduate Diploma in Migration Law is designed for legal practitioners, HR migration specialists and government workers to build on their knowledge and become registered migration agents.
Through applied research and study you'll gain the following practical knowledge and skills:
- migration-policy expertise
- legal research and drafting skills
- submission-writing techniques
- professional and interpersonal communication skills
- knowledge about the migrant experience and human rights issues.
Our postgraduate program is flexible and adaptable, with a timetable designed for working professionals. You can gain credits for past work experience, exit the course with qualifications at different points and progress to higher learning.
By completing the Graduate Diploma in Migration Law and the prescribed external capstone exam, you'll meet the knowledge requirements for registration as a migration agent with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).
The City Queen Campus is made up of two main heritage buildings in the heart of Melbourne's legal precinct, and two smaller buildings. It has the Victoria Law School, Law Library and moot courts
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This course is designed to equip students with the skills to succeed in a range of roles across industry sectors including:
- registered migration agent with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority
- specialised migration lawyer
- community law advisor
- human resource assessors and advisers
- policy work in government and industry.
Graduates of this course will meet the knowledge requirement for registration as a migration agent. There are additional requirements for registration as a migration agent. These include the requirement to be an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen, as well as meeting character requirements.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Course Code: 096290B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Education at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in Education at Victoria University