Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance)
Immerse yourself in the exciting physical, social and conceptual possibilities of contemporary dance. Study a Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance) at Deakin to learn how the art of contemporary dance intersects with creativity, innovative thinking, community enrichment, and technology. Study the diverse ways in which dance can engage and make a difference.
The Bachelor of Creative Arts challenges and develops students’ physical, creative, and intellectual capacities through practice-based learning. In the studio setting, core studies in technique, choreography, history, and theory are complemented by work with digital technologies and other creative arts disciplines. Opportunities include an exhibition, public performance, and internship experiences.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course prepares you to launch a career as a practitioner in the professional dance sector. When you graduate you will be equipped to work across disciplines in a variety of contexts, initiate independent art projects, or use your skills and knowledge as Dance teachers, which are in strong demand both in the school system and private studios.
Career opportunities include:
- community art practice
- dance education
- event, festival and production management
- arts administration and curation
- dance therapies
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published clearly-in Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on one of their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including relevant work or life experience
- All Applicants seeking admission to the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Dance) will be required to complete an online audition of work presented to a satisfactory standard.
Assessment within the award of Bachelor of Creative Arts varies from written assignments and/or examination to practical and technical exercises and performance. In some units, the assessment may also include class participation, online exercises, seminar exercises, and tests.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 060433M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University